Have You Tried Turning It Off and Turning It On Again (Video)
Most of us have a backup strategy and many of us have a restore strategy and several of us have a fully tested restore strategy. But dependencies and complicated fallback plans make these strategies perilous.
- LISA 2017, November 1st 2017
- Velocity New York, October 3rd, 2017
- SRECon Europe, September 1st, 2017 (Plenary)
Traps and Cookies (Video)
Does your production environment expect perfect humans? Does technical debt turn your small changes into minefields? This talk highlights tools, code, configuration, and documentation that set us up for disaster.
- Tech Talks for Technical Women meetup, September 2017
- SRECon Americas 2017, March 14, 2017 (Plenary)
- LISA 2016, December 7th, 2016
- (as a lightning talk) New York SRE Tech Talks meetup, January 2016
Microservices are great but their inter-dependencies are hard for humans to reason about. Here’s how to visualise it, rethink your dependencies and start handing the problem over to robots.
Ten Things That Will Make You Leave Technical Jobs
Half of the women who enter the tech industry don’t survive ten years. This talk walks through some of the things and people that try to push them out. If you can see it coming, it has less power over you.
- NYU Women in Computing, October 2015.
- NYU/Columbia Women in Computing Symposium, April 2015.